Subject: pseudo SCSI disk HBA driver?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: None <larryruane@attbi.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/05/2002 05:24:58
Does the source tree include anything like a pseudo HBA
driver?  Or does anyone know of one floating around?

I want to write a little driver that sits below the SCSI
disk driver (sd.c) and receives SCSI commands but has no
hardware below it.  It's fine that it's hardwired to
sd.c.

The idea is similar to a pseudo disk driver, such as a
logical volume manager, but sits below sd.c, rather than
above it.

If nothing like this exists already, do you have any
documentation suggestions?

I'm wondering if it's as simple as adding a little piece
of code to the kernel (either modloaded or statically
linked) that dummys-up the arguments needed to call
sdattach(), and then just call it.  Or is it a lot more
complicated than that?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Larry