Subject: Re: New wscons emulation type?
To: None <>
From: Julio Merino <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/30/2002 20:00:35

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 07:19:17PM +0100, wrote:

> > Would it be interesting to implement a new emulation type, like the
> > "linux" terminal? Most programs run perfectly on this, because they have
> > been developed for this, and only this... weird... I think that having
> could you give an example of such broken soft?
> i never seen such programs..
> and they would be unusable on linux too when using xterm as terimal
> "xterm" differs from "linux"

Well, I may be wrong, and the problem is possibly inside termcap...
Lets take a look to emacs21, irssi, vim... they do not show colors
properly, and irssi behaves badly when printing some strings to
screen (it does well in FreeBSD with cons25l1).

Of course it runs NetBSD -
Julio Merino (Slink) <>

Comment: For info see