Subject: Re: New wscons emulation type?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <juli@merino.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/30/2002 20:00:35
--hQiwHBbRI9kgIhsi

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 07:19:17PM +0100, wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net wrote:

> > Would it be interesting to implement a new emulation type, like the
> > "linux" terminal? Most programs run perfectly on this, because they have
> > been developed for this, and only this... weird... I think that having
>=20
> could you give an example of such broken soft?
> i never seen such programs..
> and they would be unusable on linux too when using xterm as terimal
> "xterm" differs from "linux"

Well, I may be wrong, and the problem is possibly inside termcap...
Lets take a look to emacs21, irssi, vim... they do not show colors
properly, and irssi behaves badly when printing some strings to
screen (it does well in FreeBSD with cons25l1).

Thanks!

--=20
Of course it runs NetBSD - http://www.netbsd.org
Julio Merino (Slink) <juli@merino.net>