Subject: Re: New wscons emulation type?
To: Julio Merino <juli@merino.net>
From: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/30/2002 09:09:51
On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Julio Merino wrote:

> Would it be interesting to implement a new emulation type, like the
> "linux" terminal? Most programs run perfectly on this, because they have
> been developed for this, and only this... weird... I think that having
> this terminal type, more programs would run better.

I don't know if I'd support it as a legitimate fix to deal poorly
designed software (i.e. programs that only work with the 'linux'
terminal definition).

Reading the wscons man page, it does already support the concept of
multiple terminal emulation modes.  Adding a "linux" terminal emulate
mode shouldn't be too difficult.

-brian.