Subject: Re: Do some disk accesses miss the UVM?
To: David Laight <David@l8s.co.uk>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/26/2002 14:23:49
On Sat, 26 Jan 2002, David Laight wrote:

# I was wondering if some sort of 'weighting' based on use count
# might let the system discard (some) recent items when it is clear
# that the current activitity is requesting lots of new items.

I thought this was what LRU was all about; every time the sweep comes
by, it decrements the usage count by 1, and when it hits zero -- or
if the system's really busy, if it falls into the high-water mark
region for usage count -- the page gets dropped from the free list.

# For the 'find' case this might mean that the lower directory nodes
# stay resident - as might those the rest of the system has been happily
# using.

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: We Stay Up.