Subject: RE: Qlogic 2200
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Dhananjoy Das 'Joy' <joy@quartetns.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/25/2002 11:23:54
What kind of FC storage devices are they? Plain FC disks, or some kind
of RAID, "array controller", or enclosure device?

JOY> these are FC  RAID groups (Mylex controller)

JOY> Is there a way by which I can know the list of Driver loaded on my
system and if "isp" is one of those
	Can I call/send any specific SCSI ctl's (to the device driver) to
accomplish the task of identifying
the devices based on TargetID and LunID

Open-source OSes do a pretty poor job at handling anything but bare
disks. Even for bare disks, they typically fail to probe all the
potential IDs of a "modern" FC topology, and may fail to probe high
LUN numbers (exact limit depending on OS.

Still, NetBSD is about as good as Linux or FreeBSD of the same vintage.

Thanks,
  Joy