Subject: Re: Qlogic 2200
To: Dhananjoy Das 'Joy' <>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/25/2002 11:11:36
In message <>,
"Dhananjoy Das 'Joy'" writes:

>	I am using the Qlogic 2200 HBA for accessing the external FC SCSI
>every time I use the Qlogic Utils <Alt + Q> at the bootup time I am able to
>access the FC-storage(SCSI devices), but these SCSI devices fail to appear
>later at NetBSD boot or even after I have used the
>scsictl <scsibusXX> scan <targetX / all> <lunX / all>
>any thoughts on the above..

What kind of FC storage devices are they? Plain FC disks, or some kind
of RAID, "array controller", or enclosure device?

Open-source OSes do a pretty poor job at handling anything but bare
disks. Even for bare disks, they typically fail to probe all the
potential IDs of a "modern" FC topology, and may fail to probe high
LUN numbers (exact limit depending on OS.

Still, NetBSD is about as good as Linux or FreeBSD of the same vintage.