Subject: Re: TTY virtualization driver
To: NetBSD Kernel Technical Discussion List <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/24/2002 20:48:25
[ On Thursday, January 24, 2002 at 17:23:46 (-0800), Jonathan Stone wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: TTY virtualization driver
>
> Mmm, DMZ32/Able VMZ to DZ-11. No modem control (or polled, and
> half-baked at that).  *You* may not care what the controller is,
> but anyone wanting 19.2 on the line does care.
>
> What did you think this is, FreeBSD or Linux or something :-)?

Hah.  My sparcstations, Sun-3s, Alphas, VAXen, DECstations, and
soon-to-be MIPS box all make raspberry noises in your general direction
(or at least the ones powered up do)!  (and the four or five pc-like
abominations cower in the corner out of your view)

(You may not know it but I may be the least likely person using NetBSD
to ever have a PC-centric view of anything, though as I now have a
couple such Intel-based monstrosities in key positions of my network so
I don't feel I can totally ignore PC-related concerns either.)

Obviously any sane VAX monger wouldn't hope to replace a dead DMZ-32
with a DZ-11 when using modems or better even if they did only use the
first 8 ports.  Just the same though there's no reason why doing so
should require the /dev/tty?? mappings to change.

--
								Greg A. Woods