Subject: Re: TTY virtualization driver
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/24/2002 17:00:56
On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> The reason we have a Cyclades Y & Z driver is because Zembu found serial
> consoles to be very useful. They ain't dead yet. :-)

hear, hear!
serial consoles are vastly superior. I very much like the idea of the
interfaces on the machine itself all being machine-connectable, and not
terminal points themselves. I'll attach a terminal when i feel like
getting the data into and out of the system, but the system itself
shouldnt be making the decision for me. With a decent resident monitor,
that serial console truly does give remote access with all the abilities
that physical access has (minus , say, smacking the machine real hard to
knock it into shape :-)

isildur