Subject: Re: TTY virtualization driver
To: None <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/24/2002 13:56:56
[ On Thursday, January 24, 2002 at 08:41:35 (+0100), wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: TTY virtualization driver
> > I personally think there's more benefit to doing this kind of name
> > mapping in ttys, network interfaces (at least per physical layer type),

On the contrary.  It would be a joyful and elegant state of uniformity.

> it would be almost linux.

You really must learn to judge ideas just by their basic merits, not by
botched implementations of them.

> for me it's easier "i connected to my second cyclades card port 17, so i
> need to use /dev/ttyZ1017"

The world of systems supported by NetBSD is much wider and more varied
than your view of it seems to be.

								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;  <>;  <>;  <>