Subject: Re: TTY virtualization driver
To: M. Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/24/2002 10:45:17
dare i add a 'ditto'.. i much prefer knowing where the devices really go.
besides, if you want to know its a serial line by its name, isnt the fact
that by convention they all start with tty enough?? one is free to make some
symlinks so that to _him_ there are a bunch of anonymous numbered ttys all
going to various devices, and that serves his wishes just fine and doesnt
muck with the whole device naming scheme to do it. KISS.

my .02,
isildur