Subject: Re: TTY virtualization driver
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: None <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/23/2002 06:25:52
> You didn't read what I wrote very carefully.
>
> We have a case where more than one driver matches up with a device and
> screws a machine.

understand. IMHO only solution is to have kernel without such conflicting
drivers.
anyway how it is possible - doesn't bus_* routines have checks to disallow
attaching to same address/port space?

> On Wed, 23 Jan 2002 wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net wrote:
>
> # > But, this aside, *yes, two drivers for the same port*.   Have you looked
> # > at your SCSI configuration lately?  How about your NIC card or your
> # > video card?
> # what about? one driver for one device.
>
> 				--*greywolf;
> --
> NetBSD: it'll be there when you're ready for it.

Instead of asking why a piece of software is using "1970s technology,"
start asking why software is ignoring 30 years of accumulated wisdom.