Subject: Re: SIGIO bugs?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/22/2002 00:19:48
der Mouse wrote:
> It looks to me as though there are bugs in asynchronous I/O.  In
> particular, it appears that fcntl(F_SETOWN) on anything but a socket
> interprets a process ID (positive arg) as meaning "send SIGIO to the
> whole process group this process belongs to", not the documented
> behavior of sending SIGIO to (just) that process.

This worked as intended last time I looked (when I tested
SIGIO for NEW_PIPE). Positive value is process ID, negative is
-process_group. At least it _appeared_ to be working for me.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org> http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/i386/ps2.html
-=  Those who would give up liberty for a little temporary safety deserve  =-