Subject: Re: Two NetBSDs on one (i386) drive
To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
From: Andrew Cagney <cagney@mac.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/20/2001 14:57:06
> Ah - but the point is that in NetBSD it isn't.   Forgetting the /dev/hd/wd0
> part, the "dos1/nb0" is simply not what we have.   The "dos1" thing is
> invisible to NetBSD partitioning.   I very frequently have NetBSD partitions
> (that is, things reference by the label in the "dos2" (or something) which
> refer to space allocated in the dos1 or dos3 or similar sections).

Hmm.  That explains a few things.  I guess the NetBSD partition table is
  always at the start of the first dos partition.  NetBSD partition
tables in other dos partitions would be ignored.

> Calling those /dev/hd/wd0/dos2/nb5 or something would be a lie - the space
> isn't in dos2.   But calling it /dev/hd/wd0/dos3/xxx isn't possible, because
> dos3 has no label to allow pieces of it to be distinguished.

Sorry, I'm lost.  The raw disk is partitioned according to the dos
partitioning schema so presumably there is a dos disk label on the disk
somewhere?  I would like to be able to manipulate a disk according to
the dos and not the netbsd partition schema.

enjoy,
Andrew