Subject: Re: fdexpand() memory shortage check (Re: kern/14721)
To: None <jaromir.dolecek@artisys.cz>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/14/2001 23:57:11
On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 11:32:38PM -0800, Chuck Silvers wrote:
> to make this even neater, we could still do all of this with the malloc()
> interface, with a different new flag, M_NOINTR or something like that.

on second thought, I'm confusing my kernel memory allocators.
BSD's free() takes a type rather than a size, so it would have
have a hard time determining how to free M_NOINTR allocations
even once it knew they were M_NOINTR.  it would probably be best
to make separate interfaces for non-interrupt-safe memory allocation.

-Chuck