Subject: Re: Keyboard difficulties
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <David.Laight@btinternet.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/05/2001 22:35:30
My experiences with ps2 keyboards show that they will send the 'scanset 2'
keycodes from powerup - ie without any initialistaion.

Thus if you just assume there is a keyboard attached to the keyboard
port at boot time everything will be fine.  However netBSD seems (from
these email comments) to want the 'grope' the keyboard at boot time.
If the grope fails it doesn't attach the device (to wscons).

Is the default action of wscons to treat multiple keyboards as a single
data stream? Or to assume there will be two monitors and two users?

On the other hand I didn't get mice to generate co-ordinates unless
they were initialised (I think - was nearly 3 years ago...).

    David