Subject: Re: Keyboard difficulties
To: Manuel Bouyer <>
From: Jochen Kunz <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/05/2001 23:07:23
On 2001.12.05 19:51 Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> It's not completely clear that the hardware supports this.
The Hardware does not support it. But as practice shows it works
nevertheless. Remember those cheap keyboard/mouse/monitor multiswitches
to connect two or four machines to a single keyboard/mouse/monitor

> I've seen PCs where it would be impossible to get the keyboard
> working for the BIOS if it wasn't pluged at boot time
I found that it is often no problem to connect the keyboard when the OS
is already booted. Except NetBSD, that strictly refuses to recognize the

> (you know, the message "keyboard error, hit F1 to continue").
Yes. And I know the "Halt on all errors, but not keyboard" options in
most BIOS setups.