Subject: Re: Keyboard difficulties
To: David Laight <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/04/2001 02:57:54
And there is the small issue that since on "cheapo" motherboards the 5v
line isn't fused "hot plugging" a mouse or keyboard can be "quick frying"
of your motherboard. Having helped debug three such "problems" this year
alone, I don't think its a good idea. If you want to hot plug such things
then perhaps the USB drivers would be more suitable.

--Chuck McManis