Subject: Re: Problem w/ nfs root on macppc
To: Bill Studenmund <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/29/2001 21:24:06
On 11/29/01 4:50 PM, Bill Studenmund (wrstuden@netbsd.org) wrote:

>I recently started using a -current kernel on my 1.5 system, and have
>started seeing a weird problem. Every now and then the system panics with
>a cred != NULL assertion error in nfs_socket.c, line 929.

I noticed this in the 1.5Y snapshot kernel.  Chuck Silvers suggested
rebuilding the system with NEWPMAP as this might be the cause.
Unfortunately a -current kernel won't even boot on my B&W G3 with or
without NEWPMAP so I haven't been able to diagnose this any further.  I
posted a note on part-macppc a few days ago about this but didn't see any

-bob