Subject: Re: old SCSI devices that don't support INQUIRY
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Fredette <fredette@MIT.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/26/2001 15:52:02
Hi.  I just committed some changes that were discussed in this thread
back in September - changes to allow use (especially on sun2) of old
SASI/SCSI-1 interposer boards that don't understand INQUIRY.

The full fix requires code that "conjures up" a response to a failed
INQUIRY.  I followed what I thought was the best suggestion from
earlier in the thread and I wrapped the conjuring code (found in
dev/scsi/scsipi_base.c) in one #ifdef sun2.

While the MD #ifdef in MI code does bother me, I decided to go with it
because that's a real good place to put that code, it's short, and I
was hesitant to enable it for everybody.

Matt

--
Matt Fredette
http://mit.edu/fredette/www