Subject: PCI modem enumerator
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <David.Laight@btinternet.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/21/2001 00:21:24
Anyone any idea of the register layout for a PCI modem enumerator?

(nothing cropped up on a quick search using google?)

I suspect that a write into register set bar[0] (64k memory addresses) lets you
select one of the 'standard' PC COM port offsets.
Maybe even the addresses allocated to bar[1]

Once you've done that you have a 'proper' hardware modem to play with...

But where are the specs?

The Conexant (rockwell) website contains no technical info.....

A quick trawl of google has found nothing - just an implication that
all such modems are 'win-modems' which isn't true!

If someone knows where the specs are, I'll 'fix' puc.c....

    David