Subject: Pseudo-disk driver
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/18/2001 12:11:30
Okay, I think my pseudo-disk driver is ready to be considered alpha.
My NoName has survived a "make build" with the source tree on a
pseudo-disk (backed by a real disk attached to a different machine),
followed by simultaneous runs of "rm -rf" to remove the build tree and
"tar c | tar x" to clone a pristine copy of the source tree, with all
three processes (rm, tar c, tar x) working on the pseudo-disk (this
last to stress its concurrency handling, since trying to use -j with
make build doesn't work right with the source tree I have here).

I've updated the FTPable copy of my patch tree
(ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/misc/mouse/patch-tree/) to (a) have the
latest version of src/sys/dev/pseudo/pdisk* in it and (b) have $NetBSD$
lines for the base files, for patches that modify existing files (they
appear before the first line of diff output in the patch files).

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign