Subject: QUESTION: to block or not to block interrupts
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Dr. Magnus Sethson <magnus@sethson.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/13/2001 22:58:42
Thanks Pete!
Your answer addresses the main thing I tried to achieve. I guess it is not
that easy to implement an easy "workaround" for that quing of interrupts,
like a shortcut for some special interrupts. And still it would be highlly
unpredictable how long time every queue would take to service.

But on the other hand if I keep the interrupts to a minimum then the NetBSD
kernel is somehow relative predicatble in terms of guaranteed interrupt
service, right?

So for some low sampling applications the kernel might work as it is, by
blocking some other interrupts. How do I block interrupts, is that done
through standard kernel function calls? This sound more like an device
driver issue, right?

/magnus

--
Dr. Magnus Sethson