Subject: SCSI_DELAY problem
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Gergely EGERVARY <mauzi@expertlan.hu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/02/2001 20:31:07
finally I have connected my good old scsi tape device to my NetBSD
-current box.

the device needs a lot of time to recover after a scsi bus reset,
(especially when there's some media in the drive) so I've added
'options SCSI_DELAY=30' to my config.

during boot, I get the 'waiting 30 seconds...' message as expected, but
there's no bus reset before this, and I get the bus reset when the first
device is probed on the bus. (_after_ waiting 30 seconds)

so, I have hacked sys/dev/scsipi/scsiconf.c to issue a bus reset _before_
waiting 30 secs, and finally everything works great! there's bus reset
first, then the kernel waits 30 sec's, and then it probes the devices.

any comments on this?