Subject: Re: vnd, VOP_ and encrypted fs.
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/02/2001 16:45:58
Christos Zoulas wrote:

> Does it work for /current?
>
> christos

Thought that was a good idea, created a 300meg vnd with blowfish, got
syssrc from -current, untar'ed and built. Unfortunately mrg had been in
there making some changes, so I merged them in too.

However, so far I've modload'ed it in to test my code, thanks to some
code mrg provided which he asked me not to pass on. So for the first
time I am trying it in a proper built kernel.

I find that the blowfish calls are undefined. (BF_set_key, BF_encrypt
and BF_cbc_encrypt). I guess they are not included in the kernel by
default so I need to "trigger" something to build those files, when vnd
is built when VND_CIPHER is defined. Is that straight forward, or more
like black magic? (to me)

I could just send it in and "assume" it works, but I like to check
things thoroughly first :)

On another note, some of the smaller changes to vnd by mrg is changing
bzero/bcopy to memset/memcpy, is this a general preference now, or
induvidual? I reflected this change too - just curious.

Lund

--
Jorgen "Lord" Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
Technology Manager, Unix Administrator