Subject: Re: vnd, VOP_ and encrypted fs.
To: None <>
From: Jorgen Lundman <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/30/2001 18:24:27
Christos Zoulas wrote:
> On Oct 29,  7:16pm, (Jorgen Lundman) wrote:
> -- Subject: Re: vnd, VOP_ and encrypted fs.
> We means you in this case :-) Steam ahead!

I'm doing somewhat well I feel. Sorted most of the source to be
compilable. However I do have an issue with one section in the code.
They've decided to add another form of getting the data, as described

 * Former method:
 * Break the request into bsize pieces and submit using
 * Note that this driver can only be used for swapping over NFS on the
 * since nfs_strategy on the vax cannot handle u-areas and page tables.
 * Latter method:
 * Repack the buffer into an uio structure and use VOP_READ/VOP_WRITE to
 * access the underlying file.  Things are complicated by the fact that
 * might get recursively called due to buffer flushes.  In those cases
 * queue one write.

To which they have an "if vndsimple(bp->b_dec)) { " to test whether or
not it should use the new method. (Which appears to be an &0x80 test).

However, in this source section they refer to:

		bp->b_actf = vnd->sc_tab.b_actf;
		vnd->sc_tab.b_actf = bp;

and at the end of the loop:
		bp = vnd->sc_tab.b_actf;
		vnd->sc_tab.b_actf = bp->b_actf;
NBSD doesn't have b_actf, but I am guessing our equivalent would be the
b_actq list - but type wise they are not compatible. I'm guessing I
should be using a nice #define to INSERT into it, and REMOVE from it -
anyone care to give pointers?

Jorgen "Lord" Lundman <>
Technology Manager, Unix Administrator
Phone: +44 (0)20-86591860  Mobile: +44 (0)79-58642918
"Rare is the person who can weigh the faults of others
 without putting his thumb on the scales": Byron J. Langenfeld