Subject: re: Enhancements to bus_space_barrier
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/20/2001 01:20:33

   > After going through the specification for bus_space_barrier()
   > for the fifth time, and finding it lacking, I'd like to propose
   > the following enhancement:

   I don't particularly object to this, but given the fact (noted again
   on the mailing lists recently) that all the bus_space_{read,write}
   operations have implicit barriers to deal with non-barrier-aware
   drivers, this seems like misplaced effort...

but surely this is a sitution we'd like to change.  you meantioned
a way we canto do this on a per-driver basis...and cleaning up the
bus_space_barrier() API is part of making this possible...

.mrg.