Subject: Re: chroot jail for ftpd
To: None <,>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/18/2001 16:47:30
On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 02:00:43PM -0400, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> I've got a feeling that the problem we really want to fix is shared
> libs on noexec filesystems, not shared libs minus the execute bit
> in the file system...

Yeah, let's do a special-purpose hack instead of actually enforcing the
consistent rule that executable code has to come from an executable file.

Thor Lancelot Simon
    And now he couldn't remember when this passion had flown, leaving him so
  foolish and bewildered and astray: can any man?
						   William Styron