Subject: Re: System hangs after BIOSCALL
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
From: Brian Clough <Brian_Clough@phoenix.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/17/2001 14:20:21
It looks like I was spending too much time in real mode.  I was hanging because I
had a timer interrupt that never got serviced.  IRQ0 probably got hit while I was
in real mode, and then just sat there "pending" when I returned to protected.

I solved the problem by calling splclock() before the BIOSCALL and splx() after.
That kept the timer interrupt masked while I was in real mode.

--
Brian Clough
OS Development Group, Norwood, MA