Subject: Re: Bug or expected behavior?
To: None <seth@cql.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/17/2001 00:49:37
Seth Kurtzberg <seth@cql.com> writes:
> Most of the time this works as expected.  However, if a child process is
> blocked on a select() call at the time the parent calls waitpid(), then
> waitpid() does not return despite the WNOHANG option.  The nature of the
> operation is that there are circumstances in which the child process will
> block on a select for several minutes.

Hmm.

It does indeed sound like a bug, from where I stand at least. If you
say you don't want to block, you mean it. I see nothing in the man
page about blocking if the child is doing particular operations.

That said, could you produce a minimal test case program to
demonstrate the problem?

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@wasabisystems.com