Subject: scsi timeout issues
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/14/2001 00:26:50
I was experimenting with reformatting a disk to 1024-byte sectors again today
and I found that the aic7xxx driver had the same problem with overflow in
the timeout calculation that the ncr53c9x driver did.  I fixed that one,
but looking at the other disk drivers in sys/dev/ic, I see these problems:

same timeout problem as the drivers mentioned above:
	adw
	aha
	aic6360
	bha
	mb89352
	ncr5380sbc
	sunscpal

problem with truncation of small values instead of overflow of large values:
	wdc

also, the dpt driver doesn't use the xfer timeout for interrupt-driven i/o
as far as I can tell.  maybe I missed it.

there are no doubt other drivers with the same problem hidden away, these
are just the ones I found.  I don't have the hardware for most of these,
could someone who can test changes take a look at fixing these problems?

thanks,
-Chuck