Subject: Re: AC97 and reversed stereo
To: yannick montulet <>
From: Scott Presnell <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/12/2001 11:00:54
yannick montulet wrote:
> Hi,
> I just noticed that when modifying balance on two soundcards that uses AC97 in
> their driver (emuxki and yds), effect is inverted i.e.
> when i want left only i end up with right only and when i want right only i
> end up with left only.
> I tested this on a soundcard whose driver doesn't use AC97 (cmpci) and balance
> works perfectly.
> Is there anyone else that noticed this behaviour, or is it just a coincidence ?

No it seems to be a real bug, see

Applying that patch works for me (NetBSD 1.5.[12])

	- Scott

Relevant part of my dmesg:

eap0 at pci2 dev 12 function 0: Ensoniq AudioPCI 97 ES1371B (rev. 0x09)
eap0: interrupting at irq 10
eap0: CRY20 codec; headphone, 20 bit DAC, 18 bit ADC, Spatializer 3D
audio0 at eap0: full duplex, mmap, independent
midi0 at eap0: AudioPCI MIDI UART