Subject: Re: Supporting sector size != DEV_BSIZE
To: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/10/2001 18:26:39
On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 12:03:25PM -0700, Trevin Beattie wrote:
> >The branch is abandoned at the moment. Among other things, Chuck Silvers,
> >who has done the UBC work, has followed on with a different approach (one
> >of the other PRs). As he is making things happen and I am not in a
> >position to work on it, I'll let him finish things up.
>
> Is there any documentation of his efforts and progress?

I haven't done anything on this lately.  the last time I felt motived,
I tried to reformat a scsi disk to 1024 bytes/sector using a hacked
scsictl from bill, but I didn't have much luck.  there were driver problems.

the code is already mostly set up to work using DEV_BSIZE as the units
for b_blkno, it should be a relatively small amount of work to finish it.
at the moment I'm still chasing bugs from the big set of changes I committed
a few weeks ago, though.

I'll try to get back to this stuff before the end of the month.

-Chuck