Subject: Re: siop LE only?
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/08/2001 08:49:51
At 22:45 Uhr +0200 7.10.2001, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
>I notice that the siop register offset definitions only apply to little endian
>bus modes of the siop chips, e.g. PCI, while the chips in the Amiga (53c770,
>53c710) are connected in big endian chip mode.
>
>I wonder what to do about this - if it was only for the sake of Amiga, using
>a special bus_space that does translations should work fine. But are there
>any other non-PCI siop out there in NetBSD land, that would need a generic
>solution? Or would they do the same bus_space abusing?

About a year ago, I tried to adapt siop to a Macintosh Nubus Jackhammer
card (that would be 53c720). I recall not doing much more than BEing the
register offset #defines and finally copying the osiop byte lane/word lane
#defines that Izumi Tsutsui pointed to.

If you'd like to have a look at them, I can send you my changes.

I never really got very far, so, of course, there could be problems lurking
that I haven't encountered yet.

	hauke

--
"Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties
 for a little order will lose both and deserve neither."