Subject: CD control commands
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Fairbrother <peter.fairbrother@ntlworld.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/07/2001 07:13:52
Hi, I hope this is not too OT, perhaps someone here can help:

Does anyone know where the controls for a CD player are in source, or how
they work? I want to arrange things so that if the eject button on the CD
player is pressed the box will power down immediately, whether or nor the CD
is mounted.

(it's a security precaution to prevent the CD from being removed, or to
permit a rapid shutdown if someone kicks the door down, the OS is on the CD
and there are no hard drives, so it doesn't hurt anything to power down
unexpectedly)

Any tips would be appreciated,

-- Peter Fairbrother