Subject: Re: bumping Linux emulation version?
To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@ns.caldera.de>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/30/2001 20:27:37
Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> For 2.2 this is thing like
>
>  o setresgid/getresgid
>  o prctl
>  o all the real time signal stuff (sys_rt_sig*)
>  o pread/pwrite
>  o capset/capget
>  o sigaltstack
>  o sendfile
>  o vfork

Major obstacle is the real time signal stuff, which is needed for
linuxthreads to work if reported kernel version is > 2.0.37.  pread,
pwrite, sigaltstack, vfork are supported and rest is not used too
frequently.

Oh well, I should really continue&finish the work on rtsig support
for NetBSD I've started some time ago, but other stuff keeps getting
into way :(

In other words, you can't bump the reported kernel version neither
globally nor for mips only, other stuff would break.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=*=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!