Subject: re: Loading DSP code from an LKM
To: B. James Phillippe <bryanxms@ecst.csuchico.edu>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/29/2001 05:16:12

   Ah, thanks - that helps a lot.  BTW, I'm not really an IA32 person myself.
   I use Linux on IA32 very heavily, but my personaly preference is Alpha, and
   I have just installed NetBSD 1.5.2 on one.  Also, I am trying to immerse
   myself in NetBSD as fast as possible for the consideration of moving some
   critical commercial software from Linux/IA32 to NetBSD/arm (StrongARM
   1110).  So a concern about LKM's working there had me worried.  I hope I'm
   not in for a shock. :-)

you're in some luck -- NetBSD 1.5 was the first release that supported
LKM's on the alpha.  prior to that, the alpha and any other 64 bit
platform (sparc64) were broken-by-design, as the LKM interface was
only passing a 32 bits of the start address.

LKM's for arm are still an open issue.