Subject: Re: Loading DSP code from an LKM
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: B. James Phillippe <bryanxms@ecst.csuchico.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/27/2001 22:24:05
On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> I guess it's not a huge deal... just that, somewhere down the line
> someone may stick an audio card with an ESS chip on it in a macppc (or
> anywhere else LKMs can't be built) and find that this particular part of
> NetBSD isn't actually portable.

Hello,

I apologize in advance for asking a stupid question, but I'm a newbie so I
expect a bit of heat... I've heard this a few times on this list and I'm
kind of surprised.  What is the deal with NewBSD LKM's being non-portable?
Is there really an issue, and if so, what is it?

thanks,
-bp
--
# bryan at terran dot org                      Support the American Red Cross
# http://www.terran.org/~bryan                    http://www.redcross.org