Subject: Re: FPU_EMULATE term in options(8) for mac68k
To: Matteo Salsilli <macinteo@yahoo.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/26/2001 14:04:52
On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 07:59:28PM +0200, Matteo Salsilli wrote:
> in the operation of compilin the netbsd kernel, I found one term that I
> do not clearly understand: it's "FPU_EMULATE".

This is a set of routines that emulate the function of a real FPU.  You
do not need it if you have a hardware floating point unit.

> I ask these for I'd like to know if I really need this support in two
> kernels: one specialized for a mc68040 Quadra700 and one for a
> mc68030+68882FPU Mac SE/30.

You don't.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...