Subject: netio, NFS and a kernel hang
To: 'tech-kern@netbsd.org' <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Tarak Parekh <tparekh@rhapsodynetworks.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/25/2001 00:40:21
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could shed light on this.

I have a daemon process which uses a database. I just start and stop the
daemon iteratively
and the daemon process opens connection to a few database tables (on start)
and
closes the connection to the database tables on stopping. The stopping is
done
by sending a TERM signal to the process.

The files accessed by the database are on a mounted file system. We have had
repeated kernel hangs with the daemon process just before it hangs showing
its wait channel to be 'netio' or uvn_flush. Is this a problem related to
NFS ?

I am running 1.5. Netbsd on powerpc.

I apologize if this is not the right forum for this.

thanks,
tarak