Subject: COMPAT_SUNOS process memory map question
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Fredette <fredette@MIT.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/16/2001 22:53:51
Hi.  I'm testing out COMPAT_SUNOS for NetBSD/sun2, trying to run some
68010 SunOS 3 binaries.  I've got a mix of NMAGIC and ZMAGIC.  The few
NMAGIC ones I've tried work.  The ZMAGIC binaries I've tried usually
get SEGV trying to access memory below the text start at 0x2000, an
area that our emulation leaves unmapped.

I've done some light disassembly of the binaries.  So far the access
is always frame pointer relative with %fp holding zero.  Early on,
crt0.s makes a point to load %fp with zero, so I'm thinking that isn't
a coincidence and that there's supposed to be something below the text
start.  Does anyone know if old SunOS mapped these low addresses
anywhere?

Thanks,

Matt

--