Subject: Re: old SCSI devices that don't support INQUIRY
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/14/2001 19:22:32
On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Michael L. Hitch wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Matthew Jacob wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Matthew Fredette wrote:
> > > Cool, finally I find someone that knows the sc board! Ya, no
> > > disconnect/reselect, and host can't initiate a message phase.  Can you
> > > clear up a parity issue?  I've heard rumblings that the sc might
> > > have flakey parity handling, so I run with it disabled on all devices.
> >
> > You're asking me to remember stuff from 12 years ago :-)... I seem to recall
> > something about this, yes. Mitch? You still responding to email between golf
> > swings? Do you remember?
>
>   Who's this Mitch character?  And what does golf swings have to do with
> anything?

Mitch Bradley. Hardware engineer who designed the SC board. Amongst other
things. Then designed OpenBoot based upon Forth. Amongst other things. Then
founded a company called 'firmworks' to do OpenBoot firmware. Amongst other
things. Then, along with most of firmworks, has apparently designed a forth
based golf swing analyzer and is off doing that now.

>   I vaguely recall something dealing with parity (but that was probably 12
> years ago as well, and I wasn't all that young back then and my memory
> isn't getting any better).  I was going to try to find my ACB4000 manual,
> but forgot to see if it was in my office somewhere.  It does look like I
> never enabled parity checking in my NetBSD/amiga driver.   Now if I can
> just remember what I called the AmigaDOS driver and where I might have
> left it...

I think I did enable Parity at one point for the sc card.

-matt