Subject: Re: old SCSI devices that don't support INQUIRY
To: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/14/2001 19:58:02
On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Matthew Fredette wrote:
> > Cool, finally I find someone that knows the sc board! Ya, no
> > disconnect/reselect, and host can't initiate a message phase.  Can you
> > clear up a parity issue?  I've heard rumblings that the sc might
> > have flakey parity handling, so I run with it disabled on all devices.
>
> You're asking me to remember stuff from 12 years ago :-)... I seem to recall
> something about this, yes. Mitch? You still responding to email between golf
> swings? Do you remember?

  Who's this Mitch character?  And what does golf swings have to do with
anything?

  I vaguely recall something dealing with parity (but that was probably 12
years ago as well, and I wasn't all that young back then and my memory
isn't getting any better).  I was going to try to find my ACB4000 manual,
but forgot to see if it was in my office somewhere.  It does look like I
never enabled parity checking in my NetBSD/amiga driver.   Now if I can
just remember what I called the AmigaDOS driver and where I might have
left it...

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant