Subject: Re: Mac68k and IDE
To: John Ruschmeyer <jruschme@mac.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/13/2001 17:53:32
On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 05:41:20PM -0400, John Ruschmeyer wrote:
> Back in the 1.4 days (pre-ATA), Ken Nakata did some work on supporting the
> IDE drives found in a few Quadra and PowerBook models. Unfortunately, his
> work never made it into the baseline.

There has been some more recent work done by someone else whose name is
somewhere in my mail archives.

> Recently, I picked up a Q630 (one of the affected models) and started trying
> to adapt his code for 1.5. Specifically, I've been trying to adapt his
> attachment code to the current MI WD controller support. I've update the MD
> attachment code and finally sorted out the register layout to the point
> where it will successfull find the controller and the attached drive.

Cool.  You should also look at the bus_space code.  There is (new in 1.5)
a way to specify that a given region should be byte-reversed.  If you
send me some private mail with your code, we can probably take this
off-line.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...