Subject: Mac68k and IDE
To: , <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: John Ruschmeyer <jruschme@mac.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/13/2001 17:41:20
Back in the 1.4 days (pre-ATA), Ken Nakata did some work on supporting the
IDE drives found in a few Quadra and PowerBook models. Unfortunately, his
work never made it into the baseline.

Recently, I picked up a Q630 (one of the affected models) and started trying
to adapt his code for 1.5. Specifically, I've been trying to adapt his
attachment code to the current MI WD controller support. I've update the MD
attachment code and finally sorted out the register layout to the point
where it will successfull find the controller and the attached drive.

Unfortunately, I seem to have some kind of byte-ordering problem with either
the wdc or wd driver. For instance, my 540mb Quantum Fireball is reported as
a 126GB "UANAUT MIFERABLL45A0".

Anybody with some familiarity with the Mac68k or the MI IDE code have a
suggestion for something I can try? Or is this something that will really
require an mac68k-specific wdc driver?

Thanks...
<<<john>>>