Subject: Re: how do I tell if I'm on the interrupt stack?
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/08/2001 18:19:14
On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 09:52:13AM -0700, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 08:41:18AM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:
>
>  > The fix for now probably would be to have scsipi_complete get reactivated
>  > to run the callouts in process context.
>
> Yes, this is what should be done for timed-thaw.

Unless I missed something scsipi_complete() is only called from the
completion thread, or the adapter's interrupt context.

Especially, in the BUSY case, the callout calls scsipi_periph_timed_thaw()
which will call scsipi_periph_thaw(), which will wakeup the channel completion
thread to requeue the xfer.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>