Subject: thorpej-devvp branch
To: None <>
From: Jason R Thorpe <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/06/2001 22:21:01

As you may remember, some time ago I posted a suggestion for
a change to how we handle device driver entry points.  Basically,
stop using dev_t so much, and switch to using vnodes for everthing.

I have implemented a good deal of this, and made the Alpha and i386
ports compile with the new world order.  I have committed this work
to the thorpej-devvp branch of the "syssrc" module.

Note, there are some known problems with the code.  Frank van der Linden
and I will be working on this in the coming weeks (or so), so don't
expect it to do anything too useful yet.

        -- Jason R. Thorpe <>