Subject: Re: how do I tell if I'm on the interrupt stack?
To: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/04/2001 17:25:12
On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> > Does that make sense?
>
> Yes. But the problem turns out to be that there are entry points which I
> *can't* vary that can, apparently, be called from interrupt context or not-
> and I'd been assuming that I could at least be the one to tell if they were in
> interrupt context because it couldn't have gotten there w/o going through me.
> That turns out to not be the case.

Ok, let me go slow to make sure _I_ am hearing you right. There are places
in the code where you register a callback of some sort, and that same
callback can get called both in an interrupt context and out of an
interrupt context. Correct?

What callback is this?

Sounds like an interface needs tweaking.

Take care,

Bill