Subject: Re: ACL's revisited
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Ken Cross <kcross@ntown.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/24/2001 05:44:50

> I'd love to have ACL's on NetBSD, too, but please don't start this thread
> again.  Just use your time machine to go back in time (3-4 months?) and
> pick your favourite arguments in the archives.

Agreed.  Clearly Mr. Puchar doesn't think ACL's are necessary, but it's
moot.

ACL's will happen regardless, if for no other reason than I need them and if
nobody else does them, I will.  Certainly, they will be an option, so will
have no impact on anyone that doesn't want to include them in their system.

So back to my original question:  Is anyone working on them?  Is there any
problem in porting the FreeBSD implementation?  With whom should I
coordinate my efforts?

Thanks,
Ken