Subject: Re: ACL's revisited
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@thistledown.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/24/2001 16:38:54
Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> NetBSD is unix. unix don't need ACL's.

Nor does it need networking, log structured file systems, a modern VM
subsystem or so many other things I can't even begin to enumerate them.

_You_ may not need ACL's, I don't think I need them, but some people
might have a very valid use for them...  Before sprouting off all the
reasons for unix not to have ACL's, re-read the April thread and see if
you can come up with anything _new_ otherwise you'll just be rehashing
everything we've already heard before and really don't want to hear
again.

Simon.