Subject: pcmcia multifunction cards and CCR window mapping
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/23/2001 13:15:27
I'm trying to get the Psion Gold Card ethernet supported by the
sm-driver. It's basically working, but I have a slight problem with the
CCR registers.

The CCR register window is (un)mapped in pcmcia_function_dis/enable().
On multifunction cards, CCR registers are used in
pcmcia_intr_dis/establish(). Currently the driver calls these two
functions in the wrong order, so pcmcia_ccr_read() called from
intr_dis/establish() pagefaults. I solved the problem by reversing the
order of the calls, and everything seems to work fine now. Is there any
reason why this wouldn't be a good solution?

However, what I definately can't understand, is why sm_pcmcia_enable()
works happily the first time when it's called even if the above calls
are "in the wrong order".

ps. com_pcmcia has the same problem

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>          v          Of course he runs NetBSD